Thursday, January 28, 2010

Green Screen Shot

You know I like to photograph things in the tangible world, but more and more I've become fascinated with the ability to capture the life inside this machine, in which so much of my relating to the world takes place. In fact, there are beautiful moments, like this one while we were Skyping last night, that are so worth capturing, that give us the opportunity to reflect on the otherwise intangible, fleeting moments of our virtual communication. I mean, what flickers past this screen actually becomes part of my memory and sometimes even my dreams. And to think that these bits get blasted through space satellites to reach the other side of the continent (or even our next door neighbors) kinda blows my mind.

P.S.: I love how your pillow case matches the color of your wall.

2 comments:

  1. here's a comment in the form of snippet from our gchat this evening:

    In reply to "[The Tangibility Revival] Green Screen Shot"
    me: it's more like IN/Tangible should be the name of the blog. technically. to get into semantics
    which i love!
    Sent at 8:06 PM on Thursday
    Kilian: maybe that could be the topic of the next post? i personally love "the tangibility revival" -- there's a lot of energy in that phrase, and besides, i'm kinda tired of titles with slashes in them. they're so 1997.
    me: i know, and so postmodernism
    Kilian: !!

    so yeah, we're not changing the name of the blog. but we are continuing to be fascinated by moments of connection. and the idea of what happens INSIDE these machines that we tap on with fingertips in spite of carpel tunnel and the fancy stationary on the desk and the friends still haven't seen since i've gotten back and the book i still need to finish but there you are on gmail and i want to tell you about the thought i just had and i can. i can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would we be without Skype!! <3

    ReplyDelete