Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Throw It In The Air (See What Happens)

Ka: remember when we were sitting at the Top Pot in Seattle a month ago and made mind-maps about what was pressing to us at the time? You did one on how to proceed with your life in general, mine was on conceiving of a website for my coaching business. We took turns branching off our thoughts, conversing on paper, with a stop watch reminding us when to switch papers.

Anyway, for a while longer, I remained obsessed with this idea of my website and what it might look like and contain and whom it should speak to. In fact, I kinda despaired about the whole thing, because I just don't quite know how to brand my coaching practice yet. And so, after all our work and brainstorming, I threw the whole thing in the air, and decided to temporarily ditch the website and focus on finding clients through my existing networks.

So as it goes, Zornitsa, one of the first people I come across to ask whether she'd like to have a complimentary session with me, told me briefly of her plans to finally go into business for herself as a web designer to support her dancing career, and I suggested we make a barter agreement, and she said great, and we met -- and now I'm getting a website AND I have a new client to coach!

This, my friend, is called putting your intentions out there and letting the universe take care of the rest. Can't wait to show you what we come up with.

2 comments:

  1. Great article....!!!Nice to know about new things with helping concept.

    Promotional products are great strategy for marketing your business. the main benefit of promotional products. Most of products are very cost effective so take advantage of these cheap promotional products.
    ............................................................................................
    Tangibility

    custom promotional products

    ReplyDelete